- Does sleep deprivation make sleep apnea worse?
- Does shiftwork shorten your life?
- Moderate Exercise Amount is (almost) as Good as a High Exercise Amount
- Obesity and Mortality
- “Active Couch Potato” Revisited
- An Advantage to Six High-Protein Meals per Day
- Can you be fat and skinny at the same time?
- “Biological Clock” Affects Hunger and Appetite
Subscribe to Health Updates via Email
Category Archives: Uncategorized
A recent paper in the journal Obesity is as interesting for what it did not find as for what it found. The authors studied diet-induced (high fat) obese and lean mice exposed to repeated episodes of intermittent hypoxia, twelve hours per … Continue reading
Estimates of the prevalence of insomnia among US adults have suggested that as many as one-third experience difficulty sleeping at least once a week. This has been associated with decreased work performance and increased accidents with an annual cost across … Continue reading
The evidence that increased levels of cardiorespiratory fitness (CRF) reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and all-cause mortality is well-known. Simply put, what we commonly refer to as “being in shape” protects us independently of other risk factors such as … Continue reading