- Does sleep deprivation make sleep apnea worse?
- Does shiftwork shorten your life?
- Moderate Exercise Amount is (almost) as Good as a High Exercise Amount
- Obesity and Mortality
- “Active Couch Potato” Revisited
- An Advantage to Six High-Protein Meals per Day
- Can you be fat and skinny at the same time?
- “Biological Clock” Affects Hunger and Appetite
Subscribe to Health Updates via Email
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Studies have shown that being physically fit, especially aerobically fit, protects against some of the detrimental effects of being overweight or obese. A recent study published in the April issue of Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, investigated the … Continue reading
A recent literature review published in Circulation, the journal of the American Heart Association, was widely referenced in the general media as “debunking” the “myth” that gum disease can cause heart disease. The literature review covered 537 peer-reviewed publications between … Continue reading
Obesity and physical inactivity are known, modifiable contributors to morbidity and mortality but the relative importance of each is often confused. Two recent studies investigated the proportional contributions. One study, published in the April, 2012, issue of the American Journal … Continue reading